Senate Budget Committee Co-Sponsorship
A certain portion of student activity fees are set aside each year to be disbursed to student organizations for use in carrying out one-time events. This can include, but it is not limited to a program that is being hosted or sponsored by the student organization or attendance at a conference.
- Registered student organizations are eligible to receive up to $500 a year (until fund is depleted). Co-Sponsorship will not exceed 50% of the total event budget.
- Recognized student organizations are eligible to receive up to $1,000 a semester (until fund is depleted) for events and travel activities. Recognized organizations awarded funds used for travel activities will not exceed $300 per person, per co-sponsorship. Co-Sponsorship will not exceed 50% of the total event budget. SGA co-sponsorship shall be available to groups recognized by the University.
- These groups must be “current” on CampusLink and not have any outstanding repayment due to SGA.
- Submit an application via the SGA Senate CampusLink.
- A representative must attend the SGA Budget Committee Meeting and SGA Senate Meeting when the co-sponsorship is being considered.
- Once the legislation has passed, funds will be transferred directly into the organization's account.
Applications must be submitted prior to the event or conference for which the funds are requested. Groups can apply once per fall and spring semester. Applications submitted by 4:00 pm on Wednesday may be discussed at the SGA Budget Committee meeting the following week. If you have any questions, please email the Senate Budget Chair at email@example.com