Connect with fellow first-generation students and gain an extensive support system through this year-long mentorship program. Students will receive valuable resources created to enhance student success and assist with finding unique communities aligned with their interests.
Apply for F1RST2GO
F1RST2GO focuses on three pillars that contribute to a successful college experience for students.
Students are groups by academic college and led by a peer leader from the same college. This allows first-generation students to be surrounded by their peers who share the same academic experiences.
F1RST 2GO students attend campus events and will join at least one campus organization to help them feel more at home on campus.
Students have access to a Financial Planning Coach in Financial Aid who can help them by talking about how to navigate paying for college, filling out their FAFSA and make paying for college seem much less intimidating.
- A Campus Connection Coach dedicated to your success and campus involvement.
- A Financial Planning Coach to navigate scholarships, federal aid and financial planning.
- Instant connections with fellow first-generation participants.
- Peer mentorship and small group activities.
- An exclusive welcome to campus and events during Cowboy Welcome.
- An opportunity to participate in The First Showcase, a first-gen visibility project.